Thursday, October 25, 2007

Week 4: RSS & Newsreaders

Not another user ID! Not another password! But worth it. Can see the usefulness of RSS both in my work and personal life.

My interest is in genealogy which is growing daily on the internet. To be able to draw together in one place my favourite web pages, without the hassle of visiting each site individually, should be a great time saver. Also worthwhile professionally keeping up to date with library sites.

In my personal life, I have been asked to produce a monthly newsletter for a Melbourne ice hockey club. I should be able to set up RSS feeds that interest me and assist me with material for the newsletter.

I now move on to Week 5: Play Week. Not sure about the word 'play' though. Oh well, if all else fails, I can ask my 8 year old for help!

No comments: