Saturday, November 3, 2007

Week 9: YouTube

You Tube can be great! If you have the time! It is a bit of a worry when a television station has a new show which shows downloads from the internet. What the?

The significance of my You Tube selections? I managed to find a You Tube which combined my interest in polar bears and ice hockey. Where else in the world would I find that but on You Tube? The Ice Hockey Rap video is of my daughter! She submitted the video as part of her Year 11 Studio Art Photography. She compiled 154 photographs @ 7 second intervals time exposure, added music and then added it to You Tube. I am proud to say she got at A for the project! And all her fellow team mates can have a look at the video.

How can we apply You Tube to the library scene? Well I thought Library Dominos was great and I had a great laugh at the Medieval IT Help Desk. As an instructional tool, You Tube could be good. Instead of showing the Monitor system for the 100th time to the patron I could just hit a button on a screen and say 'watch this'. Want a tour of the library? Watch this video!

Once again I found the notes for uploading the video to the blog really unclear. Had to resort to my 'better half' again for help!

1 comment:

Webgurl said...

Cool ideas.

Cheers, webgurl